Support for all MapInfo Professional
tables and workspaces (including Raster, Vector and Grid translucency).
1. You cannot view or change a projection.
2. You cannot view or change metadata.
3. The only way to close a window (Map, Browser, Layout etc.) is to close the table (File>Close Table, File>Close All).
4. If a workspace includes a Message window, it will not display in ProViewer.
5. You must have local access to any custom fonts, symbols or line styles from MapInfo Professional that a table or a workspace references.
6. You cannot refresh linked tables, although ProViewer can display the copies of records contained in the local table.
7. As in MapInfo Professional, printing to Hewlett Packard PCL printers, including LaserJets and ColorJets, may result in incorrect output using the default printer settings. The following settings need to be changed:
8. In ProViewer, you cannot drag a legend into a Word document unless the legend was embedded in the Map window with MapInfo Professional.
9. ProViewer provides no ability to change distance units.
10. When you open more than one table, ProViewer always maps them in separate Map Windows. The only way to combine multiple tables into a single Map window is to create a workspace using MapInfo Professional and then open the workspace in ProViewer.
11. The MapShell program that comes with ProViewer provides the ability to embed a map in a Word document and interact with the map. This version of the program, however, does not have all the capability of the version that comes with MapInfo Professional or MapInfo RunTime. In addition, the version of MapShell that ProViewer uses depends on whether you also have MapInfo Professional or MapInfo RunTime installed on your system. Each circumstance is explained below:
12. There is no way to associate .TAB or .WOR files to ProViewer so that if you click on them, ProViewer will automatically start and open them.
13. You can rearrange columns in a Browser by clicking on the column title and dragging the column to a new position.
14. If multiple tables are selected for opening in the Open Table dialog, and during the open table operation one of the tables fails to open, none of the subsequent tables in the sequence will open.
15. As in MapInfo Professional, when ProViewer encounters an error during the opening of a workspace, the open operation stops.
16. As in MapInfo Professional, you cannot drag a Map window from ProViewer into PowerPoint for Office 97.
17. The Select tool does nothing in the Layout window.
18. If you create a duplicate of a Map window with the Drag and Drop tool, you can close the duplicated window with the Windows Close button (upper right corner of the window).
19. If the layers of a workspace are unselectable in MapInfo Professional, when the workspace is opened in ProViewer the Info tool will not display any information on those layers.
20. If a pull-down menu contains no options, the word "Empty" will display when the menu is selected.
ProViewer may not be installed on a server. Each user must install ProViewer directly onto their system.