MapInfo Professional Technical Support Policy
As a Premier Partner to Pitney Bowes Software,
CDR Group is able to offer telephone, email or fax support for the MapInfo
Professional product during normal office hours. Our support procedures
have been Quality Assured and are regularly reviewed and audited to
maintain our high standards under ISO 9001.
Support is based on the total number of active
software units. Clients who purchase several copies of MapInfo
software can take advantage of the support option by designating two
named contact persons for every 25 users requiring support. The
designated contact person(s) will collate queries, call CDR Technical
Support line and receive replies.
MapInfo's comprehensive on-line help provides
step-by-step directions on using MapInfo features and functionality.
Users may find that the requirements for support are minimised by attending
training courses. Please see CDR's MapInfo training
schedule for more details.
CDRs Technical Support service is charged annually
and there are NO limits on how many times you use the service.
What type of support does the policy cover?
- Installation in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Network/Multi-User installations.
- Installation and configuration of ODBC compliant drivers.
- Understanding concepts, components & tools.
- Interactive use, pull down menus, tool palettes and standard MapInfo
- Data conversion/loading.
- SQLs, commands, functions and MapBasic command structures.
What type of support is specifically excluded by the policy?
- MapBasic coding issues.
- Non-CDR supplied applications.
- Hardware configuration of printers, plotters and digitisers.
- Remote database set-up/configuration.
- CDR Maplets (unless a separate Technical Support policy is in
place to cover these.)
How to Obtain Support
Policy holders are entitled to contact CDR Group
with queries as often as necessary during the term of the policy by
any of the following methods:
- Tel: 01433 621282 (9:00am - 5:00pm)
- Fax: 01433 621292
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your query will be logged and a response given
as soon as practically possible by telephone, email or fax.
PBBI MAINTENANCE AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
A basic level of support is available with Annual
Maintenance for a higher cost and provides you with 24 hour on-line
access to PBBI's facility. Please remember that this Technical
Support service incurs additional charges.
MapInfo software upgrades are covered
by a separate maintenance agreement. Please ask CDR for further
information and prices.
top of page