GB373 3117 67
Put a Map in it
is a cost-effective, robust OCX component that is easily integrated
into business applications using standard visual programming tools.
As an OCX, MapX offers true Object Linking and Embedding
(OLE) control, allowing you to integrate a mapping object into new and
pre-existing business applications, depending upon the needs of the
specific users in your organisation.
Features of v5.0
- Improved label functionality
- VB.Net sample applications
- Dynamic selection for Radius and Polygon
- Snap to Node
- Translucent Raster Images
- Label Thematics
- Support for Multi-point and Collection
- Support for military raster formats
including ASRP, ADRG, CADRG, CIB and NITF. Also support for
the Military Grid Reference System
- Improved Object Processing
- Improved performance connecting to
remote RDBMS’ including SpatialWare and Oracle Spatial
- Pack Table
MapX Version 5
- Robust OCX component allows you to
embed mapping in a wide variety of business applications
- Developers can use standard visual
programming tools to produce client side and Internet applications
- Improves the analytical quality of
your business applications
- Full services and support for a "whole
Objects, or OCX components, allow developers
to integrate functionality, including mapping, into a wide variety
of new or existing applications to meet specific business needs,
in less time than with past technologies. Maps are an innovative
way to view information that everyone can appreciate. They are
easier to understand than charts and graphs, and can be interpreted
quickly and easily by anyone. Such ease of use and clarity make
it easy for users and decision makers to share information and
communicate business data. MapInfo® MapX
also provides an easy point-and- click interface to information
databases, making it simpler for users to access and visualise
Spatial Server Access (SSA) is a powerful
new feature which allows developers to connect to live data stored
in spatial servers like MapInfo's® SpatialWare
running on Oracle® and Informix® databases. Spatial servers
like SpatialWare allow companies to host their
map data like any other data type in their enterprise database
for greater processing power, storage and security.
Use and Costs Less
is integrated using standard programming languages - Visual Basic®,
Visual C++, Delphi® or PowerBuilder®
- and Internet development environments like Hahtsite®,
InterDev® and EdgeworX®. There is
no need to learn difficult new programming languages, so developers
can quickly and easily design and implement custom solutions.
MapX reduces the cost
of acquiring mapping innovation for your company in several ways:
- Group pricing represents a cost-per-seat
saving over other OLE technologies.
- No need to learn or purchase new or
proprietary programming languages.
- Integration costs decrease with the
ability to be embedded quickly into pre-existing business applications.
- End-user training costs decrease due
to the ease of using MapX features incorporated
into familiar software environments.
MapX OLE controls are
truly embedded in your business applications, so extra support
and maintenance cost burdens upon internal MIS departments are
minimal. Making information access easier and faster increases
productivity and provides long term cost savings.
- SpatialWare 4.5 on SQL Server 2000
- SpatialWare 4.5 on IBM Informix 9.21
- Oracle 9i Locator and Spatial
- Oracle 8.16 and 8.17 Spatial
- Microsoft Access 2000
the Functions to Fit Your Business
Developers can choose the features, functions
and data needed to address specific business needs:
- Spatial Server Access (SSA) allows
developers to connect to live data stored in spatial servers
such as Oracle 8i Spatial®, Informix®
and IBM® DB2® databases.
- Object Processing - developers can
enable end users to combine, buffer, intersect, or erase objects
like points, lines, and polygons and return resulting data.
- Drilldown layer - lets users drill
down into the map by clicking on the area where more detail
- Support forco-ordinatee systems and
- Dynamic Data Binding - improves performance
when accessing live data on a large database server.
- Thematic mapping allows users to assign
values to different areas on the map and display value ranges
using several methods, including shading, dot density and pie
- Object editing allows users to interact
with the map by creating, modifying or deleting objects such
as points, lines and boundaries.
- Visual spatial selections allow users
to select and work with points within a polygon (such as a County
or Municipality) or within a given radius.
- Geocoding lets users place locations
- such as customers - on a map to the level of postcode centroids.
- Layer control allows users to manage
multiple layers of geographic information, such as data layer
colours, zoom levels, fills and visibility.
- Animation layer stores data and automatically
redraws moving objects, letting developers create real-time
GPS tracking applications.
- Raster image handling gives users the
ability to display satellite and scanned-in .tiff images as
a map layer.
- Standard database querying - supports
queries to the popular data formats used in business applications.
- Extensive data including a world map,
major cities, popular boundaries and more is included with MapInfo®
MapX at no additional cost.
- Find any map object, such as customer,
street, postcode, county, etc. can quickly be located and displayed.
- Map Rotation developers can specify
the ability to rotate a map through 360 degrees for greater
flexibility and more effective presentation of information (such
as rotating the map while tracking a vehicle location in real
- Export Formats MapInfo®
MapX exports the following formats: JPG, GIF,
WMF, BMP, TIF, PNG, PSD.
MapInfo® Corporation offers a complete
mapping solution with full world-wide service and support for
MapInfo® MapX, including one-stop
data shopping, geocoding software and complementary products.
MapInfo® provides customers with access
to data products from around the world via the MapInfo®
MapXpress Superstore on the World Wide Web. This
comprehensive on-line catalogue can be used for perusing and purchasing
world-wide data products electronically. With MapXpress,
there is no need to source original data manufacturers or purchase
from several data providers.
MapInfo® offers a number
of geocoding solutions for enhanced address matching capabilities.
top of page