GB373 3117 67
Vertical Mapper v3.7 was released in 2009
A further patch v3.7.1 was supplied in 2011
Support for this product ended in 2012
We know a lot of our clients still utilise Vertical Mapper using an old licence of 32-bit MapInfo Pro but from 2012 is no longer supported by Pitney Bowes. If you require this functionality in 64-bit MapInfo Pro, then you should refer to MapInfo Pro Advanced, which provides unrivalled performance and unlimited file size for raster grids. Click here for more details
An effective tool for calculating and displaying
the trends of data which vary continuously over geographic space. It
provides a mechanism for sophisticated comparison and analysis of multiple
map layers. If you want answers from location-based data, Vertical Mapper
will find them, creating grids, or continuous surfaces of information,
from point data by estimating values between known points - without
using artificial boundaries.
Using grids you can create stunning visual images
by applying gradient colour palettes to the range of grid values. You
can use Vertical Mapper to visualise elevation, show the distribution
of wealth across a city, optimise the location of broadcast towers,
analyse health issues, generate soil chemistry maps, model environmental
information and much more.
Vertical Mapper helps turn your data investment into compelling,
meaningful information to give your business the upper hand.
Features and Benefits:
The following are some of the features and benefits
of Vertical Mapper:
- Kriging - a geostatistical interpolation
method for building grids with a minimal possible deviation.
- Enhanced speed with large files.
- Direct display of grids through raster drivers
- no more generation of additional TIFF images (save disc space!).
- Powerful natural neighbour interpolators
offer incredible surface control - grids automatically fill to a user
defined boundary polygon.
- Wizard dialogs for interpolation routines.
- Quick access to functions through the grid
- Supports classed grids (characters as opposed
to numbers) using a new .gro grid format.
- Dictionary editor for classified grids allows
easy reassignment of class names and colours.
- Analyse multiple layers (F classified and
numeric grid data) using easy-to-build expressions in the grid calculator.
- Support for z-unit types used in the telecommunications
- Run interpolation on mapped or unmapped point
- Powerful graphing engine has a wide range
of display options for professional graphs.
- Export grids to VRML format for 3D Fly-Through
viewing in the standalone viewer or in your Internet browser.
- Gridview is enhanced with a dynamic 3D preview
window and has the ability to render multiple grid layers in the same
- Grid resizer allows any change to grid resolution.
- 2 way support for grids (.GRD) between Version
1 and 2.
- Region to grid generator provides 3D thematic
maps or input for multi-layer grid analysis.
- Viewshed, point-to-point view analysis, and
visual exposure analysis (multipoint to multipoint).
- Dynamic on/off relief shading and colour
control of displayed grids.
- Trim grids to complex regions.
- Cluster function allows grid values to be
reassigned to smaller "indexed" ranges.
- Perform region analysis on entire tables
of regions - each region in the table browser is updated with the
statistical information from grid cells which lie within it.
- Enhanced legend generator.
- Limit the extent of voronoi diagrams to user
- Change grid projections.
- New grid import capabilities.
- One button volume calculation.
- Interpolation settings are automatically
recorded in grid for future reference (metadata).
- True overland distance calculations.
- Statistical filters (jumping or moving).
- Dynamically updated info tool.
- Grid splicer - merge, stamp or tile grids.
- Reclassification of numeric and character
grids and exporting grids to .tif formats.
- Predictive analysis tool.
- Point density derivation.
- Correlation tool.
- Custom point estimation.
- GRC reclass.
- Version 3.7 contains a new Import Raster
Data as Vertical Mapper Grid feature which will enable you to convert
raster data such as *.bmp file into a Vertical Mapper Grid file.
NB. v3.7 requires
MapInfo Professional v9.5 minimum.
Also available Vertical Mapper Software
Developer kit to enable developers to build application - specific
software solutions. Functions include: grid creation through interpolation
and modelling, data aggregation, natural neighbourhood analysis, contour
operations and grid read/write, grid analysis and grid tools. Typical
programming languages include c/c ++, Visual Basic, Delphi, Powerbuilder
and MapBasic, £495.00.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact
sales at CDR Group on 01433
top of page